SAVE TULANE ENGINEERING

Sunday, November 14, 2004

I've been Saved!

Well it was a cold, drizzly, and dreary day in Dallas. It was a good day to sit around do not much of anything. So not much of anything managed eat up a good chunk of the day.

Of course you probably want to hear about something a little more exciting than my extensive use of Tivo and the Comedy Central "Top 100 Stand-Up Comics" countdown. So ... I did happen to have a chance last night to finally watch "Saved!" which was pretty funny. Jena Malone did a really good job and Macaulay Culkin proved yet again that he's more than just the kid from the "Home Alone" movies. The movie was not nearly as blasphemous as the theatrical trailer would lead you to believe. The storyline was sound and although, at times, it was definitely in "caricature mode", the movie does make some very good points. It gets a thumbs up from me with a "your conservative Great Aunt Judith wouldn't approve" rider.

Also, while it still fresh in my mind, I must say that "Bad Santa" is a downer. At times it can be funny ... but it coupled with Friday's "Joan of Arcadia" episode (great show, btw) did not make for a very feel good night.

4 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Bad Santa was excellent. Not a Christmas movie, at all, but thoughtful and entertaining -- despite having the most vulgar language I've ever heard in a movie (that's gotta count for something, right?)

-craig

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't like Bad Santa either, but as Craig pointed out to me, I might not have much to base that on, since I slept through large chunks of it. I say that's just my self-defense mechanism.

-Craig's Other Half

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger bill said...

hey luis, i haven't seen these films, but i thought i'd check in here and say "hey" - you may or may not remember me, i'm craig's friend bill.
good to see you online.
-bill (aka heuristics inc.)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Luis Salom said...

Hello Everybody,

Maybe it would not have been so bad if going into it I had a non-Christmas movie mindset...but the movie is set at Christmas with the main character playing Santa...
Of course all of the "red state" radiation in TX may be frying my brain.

Nanananananana Leader, Leader, Batman! (Scene where Homer gets brainwashed by the cult)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home