SAVE TULANE ENGINEERING

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Google Notebook


This entry was originally published at My Slice of the Globe



Today Google launched, Google Notebook. It is essentially an extension to Firefox/IE that allows you to highlight text, images, etc on a website and add it to a “notebook”. You can then create notebooks on different subjects, annotate your snippets, and also make these notebooks publicly viewable if you choose. The best part is that the notebook is stored on google so you can access it from anywhere. Suddenly, research, at least for me, has gotten a whole lot easier to manage.


You can try notebook out by going to :

http://www.google.com/notebook


I have already sent in a suggestion, for them to add a feature so that you can automatically generate a bibliography based on your snippet URLs. Try it out and enjoy, although, I think I am officially becoming a Google fanboy. (Although Google desktop search still makes me a little queasy.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home